We take your privacy and the privacy of our customers very seriously. This policy explains how we collect, store and use personal data. It tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulations with regard to your personal information.
Who We Are
www.fionamillerart.com is an online store selling photography, acrylics artwork and art workshops. If you have any questions about our policy, please feel free to get in touch with us at email@example.com.
When you use our website to place an order with us, we ask you to provide personal data. Your personal data will only be used to process your order and provide customer service regarding your order. The information we collect is:
- Your name – so we know what to call you if and when we contact you.
- Email address – so we can email your order confirmations and keep in touch about your order. You can also subscribe to our email Newsletter, to receive our latest news, offers and new product launches. You can unsubscribe at any time, and we do not share this information with any third parties.
- Delivery address – so we know where to send your order.
- Telephone number – to contact you if there are any issues with processing your order. We’ll only call you if there is a delivery problem or if we need to talk to you about your order. We will not call you for any other reason.
- Payment information – we only ask for these when you place an order and we do not store any of your card details on the server. All payment transactions will be processed and held securely by third party payment processing platforms, like Stripe and PayPal.
We will never share or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website. The only exceptions to this, is where we may share some of your data with others, in order to fulfil and process your order with us or where we are legally obliged to do so. In these circumstances, we only provide them with the information they need to perform their specific function. We may share your data in the following ways:
- With agents, including fraud prevention and detection agencies, delivery companies and data processing analysts.
- With credit card clearing agencies and payment service providers. Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise. We never have access to it. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of Stripe or PayPal or other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our website, but it is not controlled by us.
- If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
If you subscribe to our Newsletter, we will periodically send you an email outlining our special offers and promotional deals. If you decide you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe at any point. You can also unsubscribe via a link on every marketing email we send.
Encryption of Data (SSL Certificates)
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit a website. They are commonly used to provide you with a personalised experience while you browse a website, for example, allowing your preferences to be remembered.
Our website uses first-party and third-party cookies.
- First-party cookies are necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
- Third-party cookies are used for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience.
What types of Cookies do we use?
- Essential: these are needed for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. For example, these cookies allow you to log-in to your account and add products to your basket, and checkout securely.
- Statistics: these store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit, etc. These data help us understand and analyse how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
- Functional: these cookies help certain non-essential functionalities on our website and include embedding content like videos or sharing content of the website on social media platforms.
- Preferences: these cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment . These cookies will last for one year.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
You can change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website, at any time.
- Different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more about how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.